[platform-ant-dev] Planty integration issues

I've got Planty compiling in a source folder in the
org.eclipse.ui.externaltools plug-in. With the thought that this information
might be useful for the future, I figure I'll share the problems I've
encountered.

The major issue with Planty thus far has been that it makes reference to
org.eclipse.jdt* plug-ins, which Eclipse's Ant and External Tools plug-ins
don't reference. My solution to the problem thus far has been to create a
"copied" package and just copy the references classes from JDT.

Bob, the only problem I've seen with your contribution is that you were
referencing Java 1.4 API in your ParseException class. It was simple to fix,
but you might want to keep in mind for your other projects (like XMLBuddy)
that Eclipse only requires Java 1.3. If you want your plug-ins to work
wherever Eclipse works, you should thus limit yourself to 1.3 API.

I'm optimistic that I'll have the new source folder released to HEAD by the
end of the day.

- Jared

Back to the top