[platform-ant-dev] Ant view + launch configs

Yesterday I released changes to CVS to make the Ant view use existing launch
configs. This means that you can configure how your scripts will run from the
Ant view by configuring a launch config.

The change is implemented using the AntLaunchShortcut (the same thing Run
As->Ant uses). The shortcut finds a launch config that matches the build file
you're running, quietly duplicates it, and sets the targets on the config to
the targets you're running.

The biggest potential wierdness that I'm aware of is that you can currently
create a scenario where you'll be prompted to choose a launch config for the
same file repeatedly when you press Run. This can happen if you've got a
target from file A, then a target from file B, then another target from file
A. If you've got multiple launch configs for file A, you'll be prompted both
times.

If this is considered a real problem (it strikes me as a mild inconvenience in
a fringe case), it can be fixed with some restructuring of AntLaunchShortcut
and RunActiveTargetsAction.

- Jared

Back to the top