Re: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Contribution of Planty

---------------
> Alf,
>
> A couple questions for you:
> 1. How much time (hours per week) do you and Henrik have available to
work on
> maintaining Planty?

I'ld say that I have almost no time for doing some real developement :-(.
I (Henrik too) am involved in a different project. Guess that I could only
do those
small things, that don't take more than 2 hours per week.

> 2. If we need to get rid of the DTD parser JAR for legal reasons, how
long do
> you think it would take you to migrate to a Xerces-based solution?

I tell you what I really use the DTD Parser for:
The only thing it does for me is that it creates a tree like structure of
the dtd content
which I can easily use then to determine the proposals.
I don't know whether xerces could do a task like parsing a dtd and creating
a tree
of it for me. However, if anyone else knows how to do such a task without
the DTD
Parser, it would be fairly easy (lets say an afternoon or probably less) to
use that
other tree like structure. Ant's dtd that I parse is very easy, so it
doesn't need a
feature complete dtd parser, for parsing it.
Bob Foster offered his help. Maybe we can arrange something with him.

Alf