Re: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Contribution of Planty

Uploading a zip-file with bugzilla doesn't seem an easy task. I did not
find
the option to attach a file. And attaching a file with the size of 600kb to
mailing-list doesn't seem a smart thing to do either.

Therefore I now contribute the code of Planty 0.9.1 by sending you the link
download it from:
http://www.gebit.de/download/planty/Planty_0.9.1_contrib.zip

Subject to contribution is only the code that originates from GEBIT.

The contributor is GEBIT.
The main implementor is Alf Schiefelbein (me).
The code that parses the Ant docs for extracting the help texts is from
Henrik Jaakkola (also GEBIT).
Author statements can be found in every Java file.
All code that originates from GEBIT is licensed under CPL. The license is
included.
The zip file also contains the DTD Parser (dtdparser1.19.jar) that is
necessary to get it running.
The DTD Parser is licensed under LGPL and therefore not subject of the
contribution.

greetings, alf

---------------
> Hi Alf,
>
> good to hear from you again! Your answer is just in time since
> M5 is approaching and we have to decide ASAP how to proceed
> with regard to Ant editing support.
>
> So, yes we are still highly interested in your contribution.
> We have also done some initial exploratory work in the area of
> editing Ant scripts and there might be good synergies.
>
> I've attached the excerpt from the eclipse charter below on how
> to make a contribution. You should either attach the code to
> a message sent to this mailing list or to a bugzilla bug report.
>
> One issue is the DTD parser you are using. Including
> third party licensed code requires a special permission. Currently there
is
> no
> LGPL licensed code in Eclipse and this is likely a problem. Breaking
> this dependency on the DTD parser you are using would be highly
> desirable (this is something we could work on).
>
> Therefore, how much effort do you think it is to to replace the existing
> DTD
> parser with a solution based on Xerces. For example, using SAX and
> a DTDhandler to parse the Ant DTD?
>
> Obviously the Ant committers will have more questions once we
> have access to the source.
>
> --erich

Back to the top