[platform-ant-dev] Possible bug in external tools variable expansion

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate list to send this to, but I saw a post of external tools related posts in the archive so please correct me if another more appropriate:

I'm running Eclipse 2.1 M3 on Windows 2000.  I wanted to easily navigate to Windows Explorer to manipulate a particular file I'm working with, so I tried to set up an external tool for Windows Explorer.  The executable is "C:\winnt\explorer.exe", and the options are "/e,/select=${resource_loc}".  This should open a rooted (i.e. left tree pane visible) window with the value that is expanded from ${resource_loc} selected in the right hand side.  The only problem is that the variable ${resource_loc} is expanding with forward slashes (/) as opposed to backslashes (\), which isn't appropriate for Windows platform.  The documentation alludes that variable expansion will accommodate platform idioms like this, but this doesn't appear to be true.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

  -- Erik

--
Erik Pearson                                       Caribou Lake Software
erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                         http://www.cariboulake.com/

Back to the top