RE: [platform-ant-dev] Xalan as a plugin and referencing plugins in a project

This makes sense. So the next question is how to I scale this to a many
developer deployment?

>You can add the necessary xalan jars or folders to the Ant classpath either
on a per configuration basis or globally via the Ant preferences.

Is there a means to autodeploy this update to the Ant classpath to many
installations of Eclipse?

>You could pass the location of the XSL resource as a property or as a
property in a property file for your build.

Is there a means to parameterize this? Again, within a project's buildfile,
I want to avoid:
  <property name="myxsl"
value="C:\apps\eclipse-SDK-M3-win32\eclipse\plugins\com.my.plugin_1.0.0.1\xs
l\my.xsl"/>

And have something like:
  <property name="myxsl"
value="${eclipse.plugin.dir}/${plugin.com.my.plugin}/xsl/my.xsl"/>

The project buildfile then has the following benefits:
  - Can run on any eclipse platform installation
  - Can run against any version of my plugin as long as I uphold the
contract of providing the appropriate XSL resource.
  - The same operation can be templated across many projects
  - The same ant code snippet can be run by hundreds of developers

Thanks.

-Naresh

You can add the necessary xalan jars or folders to the Ant classpath either
on a per configuration basis or globally via the Ant preferences.
I don't know about the availability of a plugin.

You could pass the location of the XSL resource as a property or as a
property in a property file for your build.

Darins

                      "Sikha, Naresh"

                      <Naresh.Sikha@xxxxxxxxx         To:
"'platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                      m>                              cc:

                      Sent by:                        Subject:
[platform-ant-dev] Xalan as a plugin and referencing plugins in a project

                      platform-ant-dev-admin@

                      eclipse.org

                      12/12/02 01:37 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-ant-dev

Is there an installable xalan plugin? If there is, how can I obtain it? If
there isn't, how would you suggest referring to xalan in Ant scripts?

If a plugin contains an XSL resource, is it possible for an Ant script
within a project to refer to it?

Thanks!

-Naresh

Naresh Sikha
Senior Staff, Technology Solutions
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
215 Fremont Street / SF215FMT-06-274
San Francisco, CA 94105-2306
W: 415-667-8071
E: naresh.sikha@xxxxxxxxxx
WARNING: All email sent to this address will be received by the Charles
Schwab & Co., Inc. corporate email system and is subject to archival and
review by someone other than the recipient.