Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant View rework

The short answer is that it just didn't seem to fit into the API anywhere.
There are a couple of these random utility classes that never found a good
home.  There are also ten "Assert" classes and eleven "Policy" classes that
are largely duplicated.  Eventually we'll be able to move to JDK 1.4 and
the need for both Assert and StringMatcher will go away.

Jared Burns wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look at it. However, the fact that there
are
> many copies of this class begs the question, "Why isn't the class public
> API?"

Back to the top