RE: [platform-ant-dev] Proposed functional changes to the Ant Vie w

Bob,

Good point. Double-clicking an item in the project tree is usually
associated with opening editor not a view. Perhaps a context menu option
then--though I think someone else may have already suggested this.

When we get around to additing an ant editor we ought to have some path from
the editor to Ant View though. While I concede that in Eclipse the double
click means "open an editor" it has has a more general meaning across all OS
environments: 'I want to work with this item.' Since most of the time the
work a person wants to perform with a build script is execute it, at least
some new users are likely to be surprised by the editor opening. This,
however, is no big deal if an option shows up that allows to user to bring
up the ant view with another click. We need to be sensitive to the fact that
while the primary way the user interacts with most items that appear in
project navigator is to edit them, the primary way in which a user will
interact with a build file is to execute it.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.