From: Jared Burns [mailto:jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:52 PM
To: platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [platform-ant-dev] Proposed functional changes to the Ant View

Currently, when the Ant View is created it searches the entire workspace
for
build files (user-configurable, but "build.xml" by default). The view
also
has a "refresh" button which clears the view and performs the search
again.

This approach works fine for small workspaces but it doesn't scale well.
propose the following:
1. Remove the workbench search at startup.
2. Remove the "Refresh" button.
3. Add a "Search" button which pops up a workspace selection dialog that

prompts the user to choose where to search. The dialog allows the user
multi-select resources from a tree view or choose a working set. 4. Add
an "Add" button that allows the user to explicitly add an XML file of
their choice (again, with a workspace selection dialog).
5. Add a "Remove" button that allows the user to remove an XML file from
the
view.
6. Persist the contents of the view at shutdown.

Questions, comments, or volunteers? ;-)

- Jared