Re: [platform-ant-dev] External tools and Ant UI

>External tools can be run via the launch configuration dialog or via the
external tools history.
>In addition to the external tool running support, there will be an action
on XML files that allows the user to run the file as an Ant script ("Run
Ant...").

I think a broadening of this notion could provide a very nice set of
features.  I envision a "Run", "Run with..." story that is similar to the
"Open", "Open with..." story that currently exists in the navigator/package
viewer.  Did we investigate something like this in the past and decide
against it?

jkca

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Jared Burns            |
|         |           <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           m>                     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-ant-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           10/29/2002 10:50 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-ant-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                        |
  |        To:      platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                           |
  |        cc:                                                                                             |
  |        Subject: [platform-ant-dev] External tools and Ant UI                                           |

Attached is a document (in HTML and plain text) I'm working on that
explains
where I'd like to go with Eclipse's external tools and Ant integration. I'd
appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,
- Jared

Back to the top