Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 10:29:30 AM, Jared Burns wrote:

>> 3. For the XML editor, there are so many of these out there at the moment,
>> what I would like is to have one xml editor that does code completion and
>> the ant stuff could just use one of these to save development effort.

> I agree and I've already contacted Bob Foster (XMLBuddy) and Alf Schiefelbein
> (Planty) about possible contributions. Hopefully, one or both of them can
> submit enough code to provide us with a relatively lightweight XML editor for
> Ant.

Another possibility is to use the Coloring Editor being discussed
on the newsgroup.  It doesn't have code assist (yet, but will soon),
but has nice configurable coloring support for 70 some file types.
Maybe the author would be willing to donate the code to be
incorporated into Eclipse.

http://gstaff.org/colorEditor/

David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx