Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

All,

Here are my top wanted features for Ant integration in no particular
order.

1. Running ant in a mutlithreaded way (i.e it doesn't lock up eclipse or
you can run multiple targets at the same time), this should also support
viewing the console output from each (see the debug/run console to see
what I mean). This is already a feature request I submitted.

2. In the external tools menu can it be split into sub menus by project.
Actually a nice thing to do here would be to have sub menus for each
project under this button, then a sub menu for each ant file and then a
menu item for each task. At the top level (for each project) you could
still define a run task that runs multiple targets.

3. For the XML editor, there are so many of these out there at the moment,
what I would like is to have one xml editor that does code completion and
the ant stuff could just use one of these to save development effort.

4. Integration between the ant javac output and the java editor (i.e.
click on the problem to jump to the cause).

5. Use of ant instead of the built in build project.

6. An easier way to upgrade to a new version of ant, I still haven't
worked out how to upgrade to 1.5, maybe even support for multiple ant
versions.

Cheers,
Keep up the good work,
Paul