From: Rodrigo Peretti [mailto:Rodrigo_Peretti@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 4:48 PM
To: platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Using org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner
with XML logger

Do you get this exception with all the options? I now that it happened when
using -listener and it has been fixed in 2.0.1 integration builds but I do
not recall that happening with the other options. Please log a bug report
to the Platform Ant component if that is true.

Thanks,
Rodrigo

                      Gunnar Wagenknecht

                      <G.Wagenknecht@intersho        To:
"'platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                      p.de>                          cc:

                      Sent by:                       Subject:
[platform-ant-dev] Using org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner with XML logger

                      platform-ant-dev-admin@

                      eclipse.org

                      08/21/2002 07:12 AM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-ant-dev

Hi!

Is there a way to get a detailed xml log output when using Eclipse
AntRunner?

I'm trying to establish some kind of build process on top of cruisecontrol
with our developed plugins. The easiest way to compile our plugins is to
always generate the build.xml files. Thus, they are always up-to-date. But
this can only be done from within an Eclipse session because of special ant
tasks provided by the Eclipse PDE.

I to generate the build scripts for features/plugins I simply start the
"org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner" application.

"eclipse -nosplash -data some/dir/buildworkspace -application
org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -Da.property=avalue -buildfile abuildfile
atarget"

Now I want to attach the "org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger" to this process
get a xml log file.

I tried using "-logger ... -logfile ..." and "-listener". When the build
begins I get some exceptions.

     [exec] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
     [exec]     at
org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.logMessage(InternalAntRu

nner.java:486)
     [exec]     at
org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.printMessage(InternalAnt

Runner.java:427)
     [exec]     at
org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(InternalAntRunner.ja

va:414)
     [exec]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:234)
     [exec]     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.jav

a:775)
     [exec]     at
org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:462)
     [exec]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:248)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:698)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:534)