Re: [platform-ant-dev] How do I run the org.eclipse.ant.core plugin in a runtime-workbench?

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong before but if you find out it might
be interesting to report. About importing all the binary plug-ins, yes, you
don't need to do that - it is only the way I usually work and does not mean
it is the best way to go. :-)

Rodrigo

                      Matt_Conway@xxxxxx
                      Sent by:                       To:       platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@        cc:
                      eclipse.org                    Subject:  Re: [platform-ant-dev] How do I run the org.eclipse.ant.core plugin
                                                      in a runtime-workbench?

                      06/05/2002 04:02 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

On 06/05/2002 03:09:48 PM platform-ant-dev-admin wrote:

> Is org.eclipse.ant.core the only plugin you have in source form? What
build

Yes - As a sanity check I had created a completely new eclipse install,
and added org.eclipse.ant.core as the only project.

> are you using? F2? It is necessary to have the lib/antsupportlib.jar. I

Yes, using F2.

> usually do as follows (doesn't need to be exactly like this):
>
> 1) Import all plug-ins as binary plug-ins (File->Import->External
Plugins
> and Fragments) but org.eclipse.ant.core

Why is this neccessary?  Aside from source viewing issues, doesn't the PDE
handle plugin deps to the plugins already installed (defined for the
target workbench)?

> 2) Load org.eclipse.ant.core from CVS
> 3) "Create Plug-In JARs" to generate the build.xml file
> 4) Run Ant with the following target order: clean, build.jars, refresh
> 6) Delete temp.folder and antsupport.jar

I suspected this was the culprit, so I tried not deleting them, but things
still worked, so you can cross that off your list of things to check in
making it easier =)

> 5) Debug Runtime Workbench
>
> I know it could be better/easier and will look into it later.
> If you have more than one plug-in that contributes ant tasks you should
> build their JARs as well.

I'm not defining any tasks in plugins, just trying to run a simple hello
world build using my hacked org.eclipse.ant.core

The above steps seem to work for me, but I can't see how they differ
significantly from what I was doing (aside from use of binary plugins and
deletion of temp.folder and antsupport.jar).  Shouldn't what I was doing
have worked as well?  Thanks for your help,

Matt