Re: [platform-ant-dev] Plan to integrate 1.5 of Ant

From these errors/messages it looks like Ant 1.5 has something which checks
when you try to override the definition of a task.  For example, the
Eclipse Ant support needs to change the internal workings of the <ant>
task.  EclipseAnt is defined and substituted for the standard <ant> task
class.  It is unclear to me as well if this is an error or a warning and
what the reasoning is behind Ant wanting to prevent this overriding.

Anyway, it would be great if someone out there with deep Ant philosophy
knowledge (and preferably Ant commit rights :-) could get involved in the
Eclipse Ant integration so we would reduce the time between Ant release and
Eclipse support for that release.

Jeff

                      Rodrigo_Peretti@xxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        To:      platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                     Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Plan to integrate 1.5
                                                      of Ant

                      02/28/2002 11:15 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

I'm not sure about the problems you're getting. We can't promise an
integration without the official release. What we can do is take a look
(time permitting) at how hard/easy it would be to integrate 1.5.

Rodrigo

"Thomas Papiernik" <t.papiernik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/28/2002 10:58 AM