From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Michele Bendoni
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 18:29
To: photran@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [photran] Debugging fortran code

Hi everyone,

my name is Michele, I am a researcher from Italy. I am a new to this list, and to the use of Eclipse to manage fortran source code. I have Eclipse Parallel 2018-12 installed on Ubuntu (the OS runs on a virtual machine).

I want do debug an existing fortran project (XBeach source code for those who know it). I am able to compile and launch it. However, when I launch the debug session selecting:

debug as -> local fortran application

the left debugging panel reads: xbeach[C/C++ Application]  (I would expect xbeach[Fortran Application], am I wrong?) .

However, the debug process seems to work properly.

The same I receive if I choose :

run as -> local fortran application.

It seems the choice local fortran application is ignored. Furthermore, if I try to create a new run or debug configuration, I can only choose among different typologies of C/C++ application.

May I missing something during the installation procedure or do I have to set something in the IDE?

Thank you for your time and sorry in case the question is inappropriate.

Michele

Back to the top