Re: [photran] Eclipse debugger and stdout

Thanks, Greg.

Yes, MinGW provides the GDB debugger.

From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Watson
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:32 PM
To: Photran Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [photran] Eclipse debugger and stdout

When you run the program from the command line, do you see any output? If you're not seeing any on the command line, then you won't see any output

in Eclipse since it's just displaying the same thing.

I'm not familiar with MinGW, but I assume it provides gdb as well as gcc. You could try debugging from the command line ("gdb executable") and see if you

get any output that way. Eclipse is just doing that behind the scenes.

The CDT forum might a better place to ask this question, since you're actually using the CDT debugger, and they are probably more familiar with MinGW (though not Fortran).

Regards,

Greg