[photran] I want to create a DLL, but Photran names the output file with .EXE extension

I am using Eclipse(Mars) with MinGW, "GNU Fortran Compiler" and "GNU Fortran Linker" to build a Windows DLL from Fortran code.  This is working okay for Debug configuration, but when I switch to creating a Release build, it is producing an EXE file rather than a DLL.

I checked the Linker settings, and  -shared  is specified.  I compared my settings between Debug and Release, and they are the same.

Linker options:

*   Debug:  -L <lib file> -v -shared -Wl,--output-def=<def file>

*   Release:  -L <lib file> -v -shared -Wl,--output-def=<def file>

"Expert settings" (Command line pattern) are also the same ...

*   Debug:  ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}

*   Release:  ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}

After the build, I looked in the Console window, and I am seeing the switch  ‘-o’ ‘M92Fort.exe’.  I don’t know where this is coming from, but it’s obviously the reason why the linker is producing an exe file rather than a dll.

I tried explicitly adding  -o M92Fort.dll  in the “Linker flags” box on the “Settings/Linker/Miscellaneous” pane, but it only appends that to the  -o M92Fort.exe  switch that’s already there, and still produces an exe file rather than a dll.

What could I be doing wrong?

Back to the top