Re: [photran] Problem with Photran editor

Le 15/05/2016 à 18:10, Nicolás Biocca a écrit :
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the photran editor when I modify big files of code (two thousand lines approx). For example If I change just one line in the file suddenly photran not responding for a minute approx and use 100% of one CPU capacity. Then is ready to return to work. You know it is impossible to work at this rate. Does someone know what is going on here?

Hi,

The same occurred to me some time ago, but not any more though I use some files with more than 19K lines. I do not know/recall the reason why I had this inconvenience, but it seems to me that it may have been correlated with some problem in the refactoring database.
Have you enabled refactoring in your project?
- If yes, try to rebuild the database by going into the "Refactor" menu, then "(debugging)" at the bottom, then "clear and rebuild database again at the bottom. If that does not improve things, you may create a brand new project with the minimum number of files needed to test and see if the problem is still there. - If no, it may be the syntax checker. Do you have the "Head and bones" sign for Syntax errors in the "Outline view" ? If it is slow when you have that sign and normal if you do not have it, then you may have to edit your file with a different editor so that when you open a new if or do block it does not parse your file again and again until you write the corresponding endif or enddo.

These are just some non exhaustive suggestions. No guaranty of success! ;)

Cheers!

Michel

Back to the top