[photran] 'Program "gcc" not found in PATH'... when it is in the Path

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Fortran and Photran Eclipse. I have a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine and have:
* installed 64-bit versions of Java, Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers, and Cygwin
* updated the system Path variable with the paths given in the installation instructions here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran8installation#System_Requirements .

But when I run Photran and create my first Fortran project, I get an error: 'Program "gcc" not found in PATH'. To solve it, I've:
* rebooted
* tested the gcc installation with the "cygcheck -c" command, which listed gcc-core and gcc-fortran as "OK"
* tried creating a user Path variable instead,
* scoured the internet looking for others who may have had the same issue.

Regarding the last point, I found the same question I am asking posted on multiple forums, but no one seemed to supply an answer. Assuming those posting the questions eventually figured it out, they never posted follow-up answers.

So I'm quite stuck. Any ideas?

TIA,
Ellen

Back to the top