Re: [photran] How to build a Fortran project ???

Le 11/09/2015 20:06, Katherine Holcomb a écrit :
The default for make is to build the files in alphabetical (lexical) order, but if you have modules that seldom works because the module must be compiled before any file that uses it.  So you need a Makefile with dependencies, but those will not be scanned automatically.  You have to create a Makefile yourself and then set your project up not as a default Fortran project, but as a manual makefile project, and import your Makefile to the project.  (Keep in mind that Eclipse really, really wants to manage the files itself.  Usually just copying the file into the directory won't work.)

Hi,

I am very late on this subject, but a trick to avoid using manual Makefile projects is to add one (or more) zero(s) at the beginning of the file with modules.
I had a project with modules that call modules that call modules. The latter were prefixed by 000, the middle one by 00 and the ones that call the others by 0.
It did work in photran some years ago. Maybe it could still work.

However, if you intend to spend quite some time developping in fortran, learning how to use Makefile(s) is indeed a good idea! ;)

--

Sincerely,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top