[photran] eclipse photran: cannot find library

Dear all,

can you please help me to link a library to my project? I’m new with using eclipse and programming fortran. I have download eclipse and photran:

Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers

Version: Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2)

Build id: 20150219-0600

It works so far. And I can compile a small “Hello World!” program without any problems. I want to use a library (name: libLChemApp.a) in my eclipse project. The same library works in a non-eclipse project on the same machine without any problems. I have put the library in my workspace. My directory tree looks like this:

ca-test-2: <- project

-          lib <- here is the library

-          src

-          debug

-          release

Now I have to tell the compiler where the library is which I want to use. How can I do it?

I have tried:

Project->Properties

Fortran General->Paths and Symbols

Includes: Add…

Directory: /ca-test-2/lib

The options: ‘Add to all configurations’, ‘Add to all languages’ and ‘Is a workspace path’ are enabled.

Libraries: Add…

File: ${workspace_loc:/ca-test-2/lib/libLChemApp.a}

The options: ‘Add to all configurations’, ‘Add to all languages’ and ‘Is a workspace path’ are enabled.

If I build the project I get an error:

13:36:02 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project ca-test-2 ****

make all

Building target: ca-test-2

Invoking: GNU Fortran Linker

gfortran  -o "ca-test-2"  ./src/ca.o   -l"/home/verfurt/Schreibtisch/ws-f-calight-v642/ca-test-2/lib/libLChemApp.a"

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l/home/verfurt/Schreibtisch/ws-f-calight-v642/ca-test-2/lib/libLChemApp.a

collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

make: *** [ca-test-2] Fehler 1

13:36:02 Build Finished (took 231ms)

But the library is in the workspace. Why cannot the compiler find it? What do I do wrong?

With best regards,

Viktoria

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich