[photran] INCLUDE files - Fortran Analysis unable to locate INCLUDE

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the hard work on Photran. It is definitely making debugging older programs I get much easier (as well as making new ones).

Issue:
I'm having an issue where the analysis/refactoring engine is unable to detect the INCLUDE files I have in a project. This issue does not prevent compiling and all needed INCLUDE files are in the proper location. Am I doing something completely wrong?

Steps already done:
 - Followed instructions for Advanced Features in the Photran 8.0 Online Documentation
 - Verified that INCLUDE files are not corrupted
 - Cleared and Rebuilt Database for refactoring
 - Enabled the refactoring support in the project properties
 - Added the specific INCLUDE directory under Fortran General -> Analysis/Refactoring (projectname/source/HEADERS)

Description of setup:
 - OS: Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
 - Photran version: Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers with Photran 8.2.1 update
 - Project type: New Empty Fortran Makefile project, then imported existing code
 - Source format: Mixed format .f files in free-format mode (configured as Free Form in Fortran General -> Source Form)

Header files
 - Source format: .h file with Fortran declarations (example.h)
 - Currently used command to call header files in source: INCLUDE "../HEADERS/example.h"

What happens:
 - Under Fortran Analysis/Refactoring Problems, I see: "Unable to locate INCLUDE file: "../HEADERS/example.h"

What I expected:
 - That Photran would detect all of the header files in the HEADERS directory and use them in the analysis.

Additional comments:
In order to get the refactoring engine to stay working (even on new projects, the main menu options for refactoring would disappear, leaving only the Debugging menu), I create a second Fortran project, create a blank .f90 file, then create my original project. Refactoring main menu appears again. This is most likely a different bug.

Best regards,
Ben

Back to the top