[photran] Problem Debugging Photran

I’ve not been able to successfully debug fortran programs with eclipse, but I may be close.

I have a make file project.  It will successfully run from Eclipse, but when I try to debug it I get the following message:

"/Users/dansmith/Documents/workspace/REFPROP": No such file or directory.
.gdbinit: No such file or directory.
Reading symbols from /Users/dansmith/Documents/workspace/REFPROP/refprop.exe...Reading symbols from /Users/dansmith/Documents/workspace/REFPROP/refprop.exe.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/refprop.exe...done.
done.

The directory shown above does exist.

I installed GDB 7.6 from Macports and signed it via Keychain etc. as described in this link
This was one of two options I found on the internet for code signing ggdb.

“ggdb” will run from the command line successfully without using sudo, although I am prompted on occasion for a password in a box with a message “Developer Tools is trying to take control of a process…”

I am using Eclipse Kepler with Mavericks 10.9.2 and have the latest version of Xcode.

The path to the debugger is set as /opt/local/bin/ggdb in preferences and in the debug configuration.

Does anyone know what I should do to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

regards,

Dan

Note: The second option found on the internet for code signing, editing (as root) /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.taskgated.plist by changing the option string from s  to sp  (line 22) as described at this link (http://gaetanmasson.com/use-gdb-from-macports-on-os-x-10-9-mavericks/) and others resulted in my operating system being unable to re-boot and required me to re-install Mavericks and my hard drive back up.  This seemed like a very simple solution, however, it turned out to be extremely painful.

Back to the top