Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. Januar 2014 um 09:51 Uhr
Von: "Michel DEVEL" <michel.devel@xxxxxxxx>
An: photran@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [photran] Problems with Photran installation
Le 08/01/2014 05:55, Andrea Timmermann a écrit :
Hello,

I tried to inslall Photran as mentioned in the instructions but it does not work correctly.

Here is what I did:
1. Checked that I have Java version 7
2. Downloaded "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers",  version: Kepler Service Release 1
3. Installed Cygwin and included the Devel package
4. Added the Cygwin path to the windows environmental variable path as mentioned in the text
5. Opened a command window typed gfortran and got gfprtran: no input files

The problem is that when I run eclipse, I see in  -- File < new < the sentence <No applicable Items>, according to the tutorial I should have seen "Fortran Project"

Do you know which could be the problem ?
Thanks !
Andi
Hi Andi,

First a rapid check: are cygwin, gfortran, java and eclipse all of the same kind i.e. all 32bits or all 64bits?
In File/New, you should have at least "project...". Try to choose that. Then you should have a folder Fortran with "Fortran project" inside
On the next screen if you do not see any tool chain when you select "Executable (GNU fortran on Windows)", you may try to uncheck "show project types and toolchains only if they are supported on this platform" to see GCC Fortran appear and try to use it.
If this does not work, you may consider working with mingw or mingw-x64...

I am not a photran/eclipse expert, but I know the configuration for windows can sometimes be tricky and these steps have helped me on some configurations, so that I hope they may be useful for you too.

--

Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL