[photran] Debug breakpoint strange behavior: two different style of "breakpoints"?

Hello,

I am having an issue with breakpoints in Photran.  After upgrading to the latest version of Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers (Juno SR2, build id: 20130225-0426), I am now able to debug with Photran on a Mac OS X 10.7.4 with GDB 7.6 and gfortran 4.8.0.

However, I notice that when I double click on the left-hand side of Eclipse to add a breakpoint in the standard way, I see strange behavior.  When NOT debugging, a mysterious green circle with a blue 3 (or maybe a broken B?) appears on the left hand side.  I cannot get rid of this mystery circle by double clicking again, right-clicking "toggle breakpoint," "disable breakpoint," or any other obvious method.  It's just stuck there.  In addition, it does not work as a breakpoint at all, i.e. the debugger will not stop there.

When I AM running the debugger, or sometimes just when I am in the Debug perspective, when I double click on the left-hand bar I am able to get the familiar blue circle, which is smaller than the green icon.  This one works fine.  If I click on a green circle location, it will just slide under (it's a bit hard to see) and will function as a breakpoint that can be disabled and toggled as I would expect of breakpoints in Eclipse.

Can anyone shed light on what the issue might be?  Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?  The issue is a bit frustrating although there is a workaround.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Back to the top