Re: [photran] Program "gcc" not found in PATH

You need to set the PATH so that it sees where your gcc is installed.
So it sounds like you need to add c:\MinGW\bin to the PATH that mingw sees.

I think this is independent of Eclipse but someone with more experience with MinGW is free to overrule me

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Brian Payne ---06/04/2013 07:05:54 PM---Hello, I've just installed Eclipse Juno Release (Build id: 20Brian Payne ---06/04/2013 07:05:54 PM---Hello, I've just installed Eclipse Juno Release (Build id: 20120614-1722) on a

Brian Payne <brian.carl.payne@xxxxxxxxx>

photran@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/04/2013 07:05 PM

[photran] Program "gcc" not found in PATH

    Sent by:

photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I've just installed Eclipse Juno Release (Build id: 20120614-1722) on a computer running Windows Vista, 64bit. I've worked through both the Eclipse Basic Tutorial and have attempted to build the HelloWorld program in Photran. Following the Eclipse guidance I installed MinGW and have used it to install the gcc toolkit (including the fortran compiler).

However, when I run my project from the Photran tutorial I receive the error: "Program "gcc" not found in PATH".  I reviewed the e-mail forum archives and Eclipse Help FAQ, but couldn't find something that solved my problem.

One thing that concerns me is that when I open the MSDOS command prompt and type gcc it's not recognized, but that's because the compiler is installed in a different directory.  When I navigate to c:\MinGW\bin and type either "gcc" or "gfortran" I do get a response indicating the compilers are properly installed.

Is my error coming from my Eclipse not being able to locate my compiler?  Can I point it in the right direction or do I need to change the location of my compiler?

Thanks in advance for helping this newbie get started!
photran mailing list
photran@xxxxxxxxxxx