[photran] Late reply to a question: "Could not find a file to match the module name: ***"

Dear photran community

I am a recent user of Photran. Yesterday I was trying to solve one repeated problem : When building a project, error messages saying "Could not find a file to match the module name: ***" were appearing all the time. I saw some replies in the internet, like the one in http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/photran/msg01668.html, but none work.

Finally I have realized that the problem was that for my Fortran project I had chosen a type of "Static library / Executable GNU Fortran on Linux/*nix". The solution is to choose a type of "Makefile project / empty project" instead. In this way, the compilation works fine. This is because the first type of project makes Photran to generate a Makefile automatically, while the second works with the Makefile which the own developper defined (as one can see in http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.photran.doc.user%2Fhtml%2Fbasic%2FRunningDebuggingFortran.html0.

I am posting this to the list because perhaps any of you could add this reply to the already existing question lines, so that users which type the error in the internet can find this solution.

Thank you very much, and best regards

--

Dr. Pablo García Risueño

Institut für Physik und IRIS Adlershof, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Zum Grossen Windkanal 6, 12489 Berlin, Germany

Tel. +49 030 209366369

Back to the top