[photran] Is there a library that will allow my gnu fortran console app to call the Windows Open File Dialog box?

Hi All,

I have compiled a console app originally written for Digital/Compaq Fortran as a Photran (latest version) project in Eclipse (latest version). The original code used the Digital Equip MSLIB so that if the Open statement is called without a filename then the Windows Open File Dialog box would pop up and I could select a text file to open and upon clicking the OK button (or hitting enter) the file would be opened as unit 3 or whatever unit number I happened to use.

I have not been able to find a library I could link to my Photran app that would give me this functionality in Digital Equip Fortran.

Is there an Eclipse or any other library I could link to my Photran console app that would allow me to call the Windows open file dialog box. I am running on Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks very much in advance!

Regards,
Bill Pate

Back to the top