[photran] Viewing array contents in a subroutine during debugging

Hi,

I use Photran under Windows 7, Cygwin platform on a Fortran 77 code. Actually, the code in question can be downloaded here:
http://plato.asu.edu/ftp/other_software/bobyqa.zip

Component versions:
Eclipse: M20120208-0800
Photran: 7.0.5.201202151942
CDT: 8.0.2.201202111925
gfortran: 4.5.3
gdb: 7.3.50.20111026-cvs

I just wanted to step into / through the program to see how it works. Although I can view the array contents in the main routine, I cannot view the arrays in any subroutines. For example: I can view the contents of array X (of length 100) correctly in the main routine, but when I step into a subroutine, it becomes something like (8.2992479430432432e+159). I can certainly view the memory (Right click on variable, then "View Memory"), but it is highly impractical since X is an array of Real*8.

Also, it seems that I cannot view the console (i.e., the program output) while I'm stepping into / through. If I remove all the breakpoints and run the program to the end, the output shows up in the console.

It would be great if I can inspect the array contents and the console output at the same time while stepping into / through. Can anyone show to me how?

Thank you,
Roby

Back to the top