[photran] gfortran/photran installation questions

Hey all,

I recently started using Fortran, and hit a few problems. When trying to write a simple Hello World program, I get two errors,
"Cannot run program "gcc" (in directory __ ): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied" and "error launching external scanner info generator...". I think its linked to the fact that gfortran doesn't appear to be compatible with 64 bit Windows (typing gfortran in command prompt gives an error about 32 and 64 bit versions), as I do have cygwin/gfortran under the correct path as per the instructions in the photran documentation

Has anyone run into this and know if this is a problem with 32/64 bit, and if so, do you have suggestions for an alternate compiler?

I apologize if these are dumb questions, as I am very much a novice with Fortran and such. I would be grateful for any help!

Thanks,
Steve

Back to the top