[photran] Change gdb version possible ?

Hi Photraners,

I just have a quick question that I'm not 100% sure it is photran or eclipse related... The fact is that I try to use photran+eclipse+gfortran on my Mac OSX box Snow Leopard 10.6.7
and I have trouble with the debugger.
The vnative version of gdb that ships with Snow Leopard is an old one with the known issues of not being able to display variable values that belong to modules or common blocks. That makes debugging fortran code more difficult. But recent versions of gdb (7.2 at least) have made some important progress along this line. I can install from macports the latest gdb but then it is named fsf-gdb instead of gdb and placed in a different directory from /usr/bin. My question is: can I make photran/eclipse use fsf-gdb instead of the system gdb? And if so, could somebody tell me where should I configure that, and how to do it,
step by step please? There are so many options in eclipse...

Thanks in advance,

Ferran.

Ferran Mazzanti                  e-mail: Ferran.Mazzanti@xxxxxxx
Dep. de Fisica i Enginyeria Nuclear
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya  FAX      0034 93 401.71.00
Campus Nord, B4-B5 E-08034 Barcelona, Spain    0034 93 401.69.67