Re: [photran] Problem installing Photran

I am no expert in Eclipse, but from what you say I get the impression that in the Install New Software menu item you clicked on "Available software sites". As I explained in my blog (see below for the URL), I expanded the "General Purpose Tools" category and selected PTP and then expanded the "Programming Languages" category and selected Fortran. I didn't need to look for a "proper site", as you say. It was for the Mac, but I expect that it will be the same for a Windows laptop.

Ciao, Giulio.

--
Giulio Zambon  giulio@xxxxxxxxxx
20 Jenolan Street, Harrison ACT 2914, Australia
Ph: +61 (0)2 6241 6598  Cell: +61 (0)4 0999 7009
http://zambon.com.au/  http://giuliozambon.blogspot.com

On 2011-01-07 20:57 , Arjen Markus wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install Photran on a laptop. I have, based on the
instructions, first installed Eclipse 3.6 (Helios), with C/C++
support.
Now I try to add Photran via the Install New Software menu item. So
far, so good.

I have been able to select the proper site:
http://download.eclipse.org/toos/ptp/updates/helios, conform the
installation instructions.
However, then I get an error message:

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException
Multiple problems have occurred - Unable to read repository at
http://download.eclipse.org/toos/ptp/updates/helios/contents.xml
- host name may not be null

Any idea what is going wrong? Or better: how can I solve this?

Regards,

Arjen Markus