From: Erik Toussaint <eriktous@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 25 November, 2010 13:14:20
Subject: Re: [photran] Horizontal ruler - enabling folding makes no difference

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:07:56 +0000
From: mike_hudson_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: photran@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I've just installed helios from the eclipse download site:
  Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Linux Developers 1.3.1.20100916-1202 epp.package.linuxtools
  Fortran Development Tools (Photran) 6.0.5.201011100956 org.eclipse.photran.feature.group
  Linux Intel(R) Fortran Compiler Support 6.0.5.201011100956
org.eclipse.photran.intel.feature.group
  Rephraser Engine End-User Runtime 6.0.5.201011100956 org.eclipse.rephraserengine.feature.group

I can compile ok but the editor is driving me nuts. I can not get rid of the horizontal ruler using the recommended method of enabling code folding. I am using fixed form source.
Yes, I have tried opening a new editor window and even restarting eclipse after making the change, to no avail.
The ruler itself isn't so bad, but there are margin lines being drawn (one under the "]" character, another two characters later, another at character 73) that I can't remove. I'm a new to fortran coding, so you may find my annoyance at these lines baffling!
I am used to C and can handle indentation without a constant set of vertical lines in my face, ta very much!
Can anyone help me remove these lines, hopefully with the ruler as well!

Regards,

Mike