[photran] Very basic questions, with apologies

Title: Very basic questions, with apologies

These are very basic questions and I apologize in advance for not being able to sort through the (much improved) documentation to answer them.

I have previously run Photran successfully under Ganymede.

I recently installed Galileo and PTP to obtain Photran.  I am having difficulty building executables.

  1. Using extension .f95 doesn’t seem to generate object code after saving the source.  In Ganymede I used f95 all the time.
  2. Using extension .f90 only generates object code if I use Project / Clean first.  I did not have to do this in Ganymede.
  3. Even though I choose “Run as local Fortan application” the program runs as a C/C++ application.  However, it works.

Where have I gone wrong?

Many thanks.

Bernard Abramson

Back to the top