Re: [photran] FW: [Fwd: Re: version 3.6.0., Build id: I20091210-1301]

>> Screen shot of multiple vertical lines, the other is the preferences for
>> the IDE.
>> I didn't set the margins to be displayed and I have no idea why there
>> are 3 of them.

The three vertical lines appear whenever you're editing a file in the
fixed-form editor.  Either you manually opened that file in the fixed
form editor (right click > Open With > Fortran Editor (Fixed Form)),
or your settings have *.f90 associated with fixed-form sources, so
it's happening automatically.  It looks like your file is free form,
so it should be open in the free form editor.  Double-check your
content type settings (see
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran5#Configuring_Content_Types:_Free_vs._Fixed_Form
-- lots of features won't work correctly if the content type settings
are wrong!), and then, if it continues opening in the fixed-form
editor when you double-click on the file (Eclipse sometimes
"remembers" which editor you used with each file), you can right click
> Open With > Fortran Editor (Free Form) to force it to open in the
free form editor.

Jeff

Back to the top