Re: [photran] Problem with make

Hello,
I had a similar problem. It seems to me the GNU Fortran Linker should be selected by default in "fortran build / editor tool chain" , but it is not. I just added it and the automatic makefile becames operational. I hope it helps.
Regards,
Marcelo Vanti

Xi Chen wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if this is a silly question. I followed the user guide and installed the cygwin gfortran (gcc4-fortran), but I cannot get the "make" work. I get the error message as:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project hello ****

make all
Building file: ../hello.f90
Invoking: GNU Fortran Compiler
gfortran -funderscoring -O0 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o"hello.o" "../hello.f90"
Finished building: ../hello.f90

cc hello.o -o hello
hello.o: In function `hello':
/cygdrive/c/Users/xic/Workspace1/hello/Debug/../hello.f90:1: undefined reference to `__gfortran_set_options' /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o):(.text+0xab): undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hello] Error 1

However, if I type: gfortran hello.f90, I can get the a.exe successfully. Is there anything I missed?

Thanks,

Xi

Blackburn, Taylor wrote:

I can’t manage to build/run my projects in Eclipse/Photran (latest releases). I am running Vista and have GNU Fortran installed. I have checked my PATH variable and it seems to be set correctly (cmd recognizes ‘gfortran’ and ‘make’). I have followed the gfortran Getting Started Guide carefully but when I try to build a project, I receive this error: Cannot run “make”; Launching failed. Naturally, then, when I try to run the project, I receive the error “Launch failed. Binary not found.” In cmd, however, I can navigate to /[projectname]/debug and run ‘make’ and it will correctly build the project from the autogenerated makefile. I have fiddled with the Project Settings, etc. and have also searched online but I haven’t been able to successfully build a project. I’m fairly new to Eclipse, so there might be something really obvious that I’m missing. Any ideas?