Re: [photran] Dummy questions

right, I got it! In the "Source location" tab, there is a "Link folder" button, wich allows one to link a folder that resides outside the project's folder.
Thanks!
B.

Jim Carpenter wrote:
Bruno,

I am not sure if this will help you, but I found the following setting under "Project -> Properties". Under the "Fortran General -> Paths and symbols" node there is a "Source location" tab. It looks like you can add additional folders if your sources are not all under the project directory.

Jim

Bruno wrote:
Hello,

ok for the spaces in the path...

As for the source files, I would like to keep and use (some of) them where they are, not in the project's folder, but it seems that eclipse insists on copying them in the latter folder. I tried "File->Import...->General->File System" as suggested by Jim but it also wants to import the files into the project's folder. I then tried to add a new source folder that resides outside the project's folder, but actually it must be a subfolder of the latter.

Concerning the makefile, I use the "Generate makefiles automatically" option. But actuallly I got it wrong: it does not re-build everything everytime as I wrote, it simply calls the linker everytime, that is, it regenerate the binary executable from the object files, which is not too much a problem.

I still did not find out how to fix the write(*,*)-before-read(*,*) problem, apart from inserting a flush(6) statement between the two...

regards,

B.

Jure Ravnik wrote:
Hi,

1) I just copy the file into the source folder (where all my other
source files are) and then click right click on the tree and "refresh"

2) Below is a copy of my Makefile, which does not have your problem

3) Don't use spaces in directory or file names. Period! This always
seems to cause problems.

Hope this helps,

 Jure.

PROGRAM = test_pLSQRsol
VERSION = 0.2
OBJECTS =  test_pLQSRsol.o lib_util.o lib_Solve_v09.o lib_Blas.o
lib_Time.o \
lib_parLSQRsol.o lib_spLSQRsol.o

ARCH = `uname`
INST = $(HOME)/bin

# LINUX (intel)
#-------
ifneq (,$(findstring linux,$(HOSTTYPE)))
    FC = ifort
# Debug version       OPT = -g -C -traceback -warn all -check all
   OPDE= d
# Optimized version
#    OPT = -O3
#    OPDE= o  #FCOPTS = -u -132 -pc80  -Vaxlib -fpp -Dos=1
FCOPTS = -u -132   -Dos=1 -I/opt/mpich-1.2.5.2-f90/include
LDOPTO =  -L/opt/mpich-1.2.5.2-f90/lib -lmpich

all: $(OBJECTS)
$(FC) -o $(PROGRAM)-$(VERSION) $(FCOPTS) $(OPT) $(OBJECTS) $(LDOPTO)
    clean:
     rm -f *.o .#*
     $(OBJECTS): %.o: %.f
     $(FC) $(FCOPTS) $(OPT) -c $<
     install:
     cp $(PROGRAM)-$(VERSION) $(INST)/$(PROGRAM)-$(VERSION)-$(OPDE)

Dne 29.07.2009 (sre) ob 12:11 -0300 je Bruno zapisal(a):
Hello,

I have 3 very dummy questions concerning the Eclipse-Photran IDE (and I don't know if that's the right place to ask them):

1) How do include existing source files in a project?

2) When I run a program, the make utility does not seem to recognize when no source file has been altered, and thus always rebuild the program prior to running it. How can I make it realize when nothing has changed?

3) Is there a way to invoke the debugger from a project whose path contain spaces?

My config: Windows XP + MinGW/MSYS and gfortran/gdb.

Thanks

B.