Re: [photran] Installing the pre-release

>I'm getting the error message "No repository found at

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/photran/updates/4.0".
Yes just say "OK" at that dialog. The zip update site of photran contains a pointer to the online update site, which isn't properly
populated yet in this pre-release version (Jeff, correct me if I'm wrong.)

I just tried a clean install: newly untarred eclipse-sdk-3.4.2, then in Software updates,
I added the cdt-master-5.0.2 zip file downloaded from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/5.0.2/index.html,
and the photran-master-4.0.5 zip file downloaded from http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/photran/4.0.
After arguing with the Software Updates dialog about what it can't find, make sure everything you want in those two archives are checked (still! it tends to steal checkmarks)
and click the "Install" button.
Click thru, accept license terms, etc. and it seems to complete the install successfully and prompt you to restart eclipse.

Note that I have found that the Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) Update manager can be rather finicky.
I find I have better luck if I install everything at once in the Software Updates dialog, instead of adding something, then restarting, and adding something else.
Your mileage may vary.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "John W. Moreno" ---07/13/2009 09:17:03 PM---Hi,"John W. Moreno" ---07/13/2009 09:17:03 PM---Hi,

          "John W. Moreno" <jwmwalrus@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/13/2009 09:15 PM

          Please respond to
          Photran Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>

overbey2@xxxxxxxx, Photran Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[photran] Installing the pre-release

Hi,

I'm trying to install the new pre-release version
(photran-master-4.0.5-I200907102002).  I already have eclipse CDT 3.4.2
installed.  I tried a fresh install (i.e., removed my ~/.eclipse and
workspace folders), but after adding the zip file to the list of
repositories I'm getting the error message "No repository found at
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/photran/updates/4.0".  Am I doing
something wrong?

--
J.W.M.