[photran] Re: managed make from command line

Hi David,

thanks for your quick reply. The folder does exist, so this doesn't seem to be the reason. The line of code that the error is referring to (293) reads

open(unit=100, file='model_output/value.txt', status = 'replace')

Again, this does work flawlessly when executed from within Photran. Is there any other information that I can supply? I am very greatful for any help.

Best regards,

Daniel

David wrote:
Hi,

The Fortrain compiler that I use, gfortran, will not create a directory
in order to save a file.  So if the directory model_output does not
exist in the directory that you are running your program in it can't
save it.  To create a directory in Linux/Unix type
mkdir model_output
in the same directory that you are running your program in.

Hope this helps.

David

Daniel Harenberg wrote:
Hi,

I am still relatively new to Fortran programming. Eclipse and Photran are running fine at home and at work, my project compiles and runs fine when everything is done from within Eclipse. Now I would like to run the same project from the command line, because I am going to compile on a server without Eclipse. I am not used to that so I am compiling with make, make all, using the Photran-generated makefiles (managed make). Compilation seems fine, and execution works until the program is supposed to write the output to a file. There, I receive the error message

At line 293 of file ../main.f90 (unit = 100, file = '')
Fortran runtime error: File 'model_output/value.txt' does not exist

and program execution terminates. Again, this same program runs fine when executed from within Eclipse/Photran. I also first compiled/built the program in Eclipse, then tried to run from the command line, with the same result.

Why is this happening? Is there an easy way to fix this, i.e. a make or execution command that takes care of this? If not, could you give me an idea how I have to change the makefiles manually?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

Back to the top