Re: [photran] Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable

Title: Re: [photran] Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable
Thank you.  In fact I’m launching from the dock.  I’m so new to Mac that I don’t know if this is the same as launching from Finder.  I’ll try this anyway.

Bernard

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:58:46 -0400
To: Photran Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [photran] Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable

Hi,

Just a reminder that if you are launching Eclipse from the Finder (by
double clicking on it), then the PATH is not obtained from the shell
or /etc/paths. Instead, it's obtained from ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist. The format of the environment.plist file is as
follows (change the path appropriately):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>PATH</key>
 <string>/usr/local/mpi/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/Developer/Tools:/usr/texbin:/Users/greg/bin</
string>
</dict>
</plist>

Cheers,