Re: [photran] Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable

Title: Re: [photran] Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable
Jeff,

Here’s what happened.

“which gfortran” command yields:

/usr/local/gfortran/bin/gfortran

There is a gfortran executable in this directory.

There is an alias “gfortran” in /usr/local/bin but no directory called gfortran

The file /etc/paths looks like this before I do any editing:

/usr/local/gfortran/bin
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/bin

So although the paths are not the ones you list, the path here should point to the right directory.

However, when I type “env” in the terminal it tells me that the PATH is:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/gfortran/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

This tells me that some process is changing the PATH after OS X applies /etc/paths

I have rebooted several times with no result.

I will try to move the folders around that gfortran is in /usr/local/bin/gfortran as you suggest and try again.

Bernard