RE: [photran] Problem with Photran 4.0 beta 5

Unfortunately, I get the same result after updating to Eclipse 3.4.2. It seems to be the same problem reported by Marcelo Vanti:

> This problem  was already reported by myself and other  users and seems to be a Photran bug. I am using
> photran 4.0 beta 5, eclipse 3.4.1 and windows vista, and the bug appears in the outline view , or the
> java.lang.NullPointerException  when I  open a fortran file, but never both in the same time.  If , in
> starting photran I get the java.lang.NullPointerException opening a file, so I click restart and the
> bug becomes  the outline view bug, with the message "Could not create the view: An unexpected exception
> was thrown.", but I can live with that.

But, I am hoping we don't have to live with that (being unable to use the outline view).

Thanks.

---
David L. Paterline
Principal Engineer
Core Engineering

Westinghouse Electric Company
Westinghouse Energy Center
Monroeville, PA 15146, USA
Phone:  +1 (412) 374-2286
Fax:  +1 (412) 374-2284
Email:  paterldl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home Page:  www.westinghousenuclear.com

Please try updating to Eclipse 3.4.2 to see if this problem still persists. I've seen some strange UI bugs in 3.4.1 that have cleared up in 3.4.2.

Regards,

Greg