Re: [photran] eclipse/photran/PTP and the multithreading

Hi

The OMP_NUM_THREADS variable is as far as I know an environment variable, set in the OS, so on linux (in the bash shell) you would type:

export OMP_NUM_THREADS=4

If you wanted it to start like that all the time youd put that line in your ~/.bashrc file.

Its a while since i used windows but iirc if you go to control panel > system and look around in I think the 'advanced' tab you should be able to set an environment variable, you give the variable the name OMP_NUM_THREADS and then a value of 4

hth

Steve

DEVEL Michel wrote:
Hi again,
Q: could someone please remind me the name of this environment variable
and where to find it in the eclipse/photran settings ?
Name of the variable seems to be OMP_NUM_THREADS, but where is the
default setting to 4 set in eclipse/photran/PTP ?

I looked at Properties/ Run/Debug settings, Edit, Environment tab but
nothing is there at the moment.

Back to the top