[photran] mature project, complex makefile

Hello

I use eclipse for Java development and hope that Photran will bring the
same level of productivity to my Fortran development (currently use vim,
g95 and make for Fortran).

However, my existing Fortran project is mature and already has a complex
makefile that contains a dozen targets, uses config.guess to pick
Fortran compiler flags, includes compilation of and linking with C code,
conditional compilation with MPI for parallel execution, conditional
compilation with netCDF, etc. The thought of writing a comparable new
makefile from scratch that is usable only with eclipse is daunting. Is
that my only option for taking advantage of Photran?

Photran has some neat features. Is it far enough along that the
productivity enhancement from using it (vs vim and make) will be worth
the time it takes to integrate my project with eclipse?

Cheers
Jason

Back to the top