Re: [photran] photran on top of gdb?

Photran's debugger is just a GUI interface to gdb, but it interfaces with gdb using the MI protocol, so it's not exactly the same as running gdb commands from the console, AFAIK. So I'm not sure about this particular case; you'll have to try it...

Jeff

Mathew Yeates wrote:
Does photran sit on top of gdb? I'm amazed if this is so. I've been trying forever to get the gdb people to fix a problem I have with gfortran compiled code. Specifically, if I try and print the elements of an array I get "Cannot perform substring on this type". Does photran deal with this??