Re: [photran] Information

> I am a new user of the protran and I have a problem.
> I need to compile and link suborutines in a determined order. In the
> Project I put them in different folders. The error that I have is:
> No rule to make target 'RDMR_Var_Decl.o'needed by 'rdmr/r_commu.o'.
>
> How can I do that?

You need "makemakefile", which you can get from:
http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~vb/mkmf.html
This is a Perl-script that, once called from a shell,
generates a single Makefile, providing the -ordered!-
rules of how to "make" anything available in your
current (source) directory.

Have files mkmf.pl and a settingsfile g95_args (that you'll have to write yourself)
in your directory. The following call constructs a Makefile for compilation of any given sourcefile in the directory, including all dependencies:

Perl ./mkmf.pl -t ./g95_args

A command that not only generates the Makefile, but also executes it,
is:

Perl ./mkmf.pl -t ./g95_args -p myproj.exe -x

There must be a way to tell Photran to first invoke this script BEFORE

it tries to compile your project.

Regards,

Arjan

######### below this line is a sample g95_args file ############

CC = gcc
FC = g95
LD = g95
FFLAGS = -I c:/mingw/include -fno-second-underscore -ffree-form \
-Wuninitialized -Wunused -Wall -Wline-truncation -Wmissing-intent \
-Wunset-vars -ffree-form -fimplicit-none -fmodule-private -fno-second-
underscore \
-mthreads -mno-cygwin \
-ftrace=full
LDFLAGS = $(LIBS)
# add your libraries after LIBS= , e.g. -lblas
LIBS = c:/mingw/lib

Disclaimer RIVM

Back to the top