Re: [photran] MacBook + Photran = CPU 100%

Is anything in the .log file enlightening?
( <workspace-location>/.metadata/.log)

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Fernanda Foertter
             <foertter@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  overbey2@xxxxxxxx, Photran
             photran-bounces@e         Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/01/08 12:31 PM         Re: [photran] MacBook + Photran =
                                       CPU 100%

             Please respond to
                  Photran
                Information
             <photran@eclipse.
                   org>

yes, I removed that...it's still hogging nearly 100% of my CPU :(

right away, after opening Photran my computer becomes unusable, the
fans are blaring and this is despite having photran being the only
application on.

Fernie

On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Jeffrey Overbey wrote:

>> Running Photran makes my CPU usage go to 100% and my fans to 100%
>> and my computer halts :(
>
> Do you have "Enable Analysis/Refactoring" checked on any of your
> projects?  Does it say "Synchonizing Photran VPG" in the lower right-
> hand corner?  As I mentioned in a previous post, this is
> ridiculously slow at the moment, so you might want to turn it off.
>
> If that's not it, what prompts this?  It is when you first open the
> editor?
>
> I haven't had any problems on my MacBook, so this is interesting...
>
> Jeff

Fernanda Foertter
Graduate Assistant
Computational Materials Science Focus Group
University of Florida

(: 352-846-3767

+: foertter@xxxxxxx