[photran] * and C not being recognized as comments

I have inherited a LOT of Fortran 77 fixed format code that uses mostly '*' in column 1 for comments and occasionally 'C' in column 1 for comments.

That being said, the syntax is not 'coloring' properly. Is there some way for me to rectify this in Photran? Other editors like CodeWright and MS Dev studio recognize these ok, but I really want to use Photran.

Thanks in advance,

Dan