Re: [photran] Configuring debugger to catch run-time errors with Photran

photran.20.trevva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear Photranners,

I am new to both Photran/eclipse, and to code development under Linux. I have successfully managed to get everything that I wanted out of it so far, but seem to be having some problems getting the debugger to work - the problem is that I am unable to catch run-time errors with either the intel debugger (idb) or the gnu debugger (gdb). The code that I have inherited is poorly written and has a lot of array out-of-bounds errors that I am trying to pickup - I am thus using the -CB compiler flag, and the executable throws an error when such a violation occurs - however, I would like the debugger to kick in at this point, so that I can see where in the code it has occurred, and what variables were causing it, but this doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any suggestions how this should be configured?

Perhaps this is what you (and I!) need (from "man ifort"):

   Run-Time Environment Variables
The following are run-time environment variables. For more information on these variables, see the Intel(R) Fortran Building Applications guide.

Note that some environment variables are enabled (set to true) by specify- ing Y, y, T, t, or 1; they are disabled (set to false) by specifying N, n,
       F, f, or 0.

       decfort_dump_flag
If set to true, a core dump will be taken when any severe Intel(R) Fortran run-time error occurs. If the program is executing under a debugger, a signal will be raised, which will allow you to trace
              back to where the error was detected.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx